четвер, 3 березня 2011 р.

Those Who Can't Teach, Head Teach

A few weeks ago, Auvi was sick and afflicted to the point where teaching wouldn't be a good idea. That's where I, the "amazing" head teacher that I am, stepped in.
I taught for Auvi, and decided to do a kitchen lesson. I made muffins in the microwave. I made some before class to make sure they would work. They did! Ooooh they were super good, too.
Class time comes, and I make bomb muffins. The kids were so excited. There wasn't enough room for mine, so I just put it in the microwave by itself after I had pulled the kids' out. The kids and I were having a great lesson, putting powdered sugar and sprinkles on our muffins. While the kids were eating, one student pointed to the ceiling and said, "TEACHER!" ....I look up and there is smoke in the air. I had forgotten my muffin!! I open the microwave and a big puff of gray smoke came billowing out of the microwave into my face. Coughing and coughing, I opened a window while the kids were coughing and choking (holding their throats for dramatic effect) In the other room, Rockie, Kami, and Kynde all thought that I was just being super imaginative in my lesson, as if we were "pretending" to be choking. They were all really impressed with my creativity until they realized I smoked the kids out of class.
Our coordinator, Larissa, came in and ushered the kids into the next room. I followed, feeling like a fool.
They say those who can't do, teach. Dewey Finn of School of Rock says that those who can't teach, teach gym. (or in this case, kitchen) This experience showed me that those who can't teach, head teach. *Sigh*


Love, Ameri

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар